Netflix Companion App
The Netflix Companion app was created for Windows phone and Surface as a companion to the Xbox One app. As such it needed a unique value proposition to give users a reason to use their phone or tablet to interact. I did all the exploration, value proposition, and interaction design. I also art directed the visuals. Netflix was impressed with the design but we did not end of shipping it. However I was validated in seeing many of the ideas presented here shipped in their next app; specifically allowing search and browse for your next show while finishing the current one.
- Better search experience with the virtual keyboard
- More metadata than the console app shows
- More choices once committed to a movie
- Provide options unavailable on Netflix to get you a more meaningful result
- Concurrently queue up more content to view
- Play On their TV